03 November 2010

Family Food Tradition: Inspirations

Anne Lynn's chocolates at my sister's wedding

With Halloween having just passed, kicking off the holiday season, what better than a read about a heartwarming family tradition, one that I am lucky to be a part of. My sister Stephanie just shared this tradition on her blog, Together in Food: our mother-in-law creates 350 pounds of Christmas candy every year. From an average home kitchen, Anne Lynn, other family and friends, churn out around 30 varieties of confectionary in a mere six weeks (the coconut marshmallows -- I got a whole bag of them last year! -- and butter brickle are my personal favorites). Please visit the link below to read about how Christmas candy has connected family and friends for thirty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment