12 September 2013

Pants: The Idea

After much silence and intermittence, I've decided to devote time to my blog regularly, and I'm excited to share this new era. 

To date, my blog has been an outlet for my various interests and projects and by no means do I intend for it to reject this going forward. That said, I plan to provide more thoughtfulness and focus, with an emphasis on my interest in fashion. 

In an effort both to convey my personal aesthetic and to develop a skill set around construction, I am embarking on a project to begin designing and creating clothing, accessories and other related items that are essential to me and either unmet by current offerings, above my ideal price point or both. 

The journey begins with pants. Fall in NY is around the corner, and I'd like a pair of athletic pants that combine utility and style, perfect for running or casually hanging out. High-end basics (James Perse), sportswear (Alexander Wang) and style-conscious high-tech (Acronym, Mission Workshop, Outlier) abound, but it is hard if not impossible to come by a pant that boasts a slim fit, cuffed hems, zippered pockets and breathable, stretch fabric. In fact, after exploring James Perse's store, I was told that I am not the only one seeking such a pair of pants, but unfortunately they don't offer anything in their collection. 

Next time I'll provide a more thorough account of what I'm looking for, what I'm inspired by and what I hope to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment